Order our Barilla Bay fresh oysters online now!
Barilla Bay Oysters Grades
Barilla Bay oysters are generally sold in standard grade size of 70–85mm.
How to open your Barilla Bay Oysters?
If you have purchased unopened oysters with the intent of opening them yourself, here are a few helpful hints.
- Always wear thick rubber kitchen gloves - this enables you to get a good hold of the oyster.
- Make sure your knife is sharp - more accidents are caused with blunt knives than with sharp ones.
- Always point the knife downwards, not towards your hand.
- Be very careful, don’t rush.
- Have a good look at our step-by-step pictures.
Keeping your oysters fresh
Generally oysters which have been opened will last safely for up to 5 days under correct temperature control. Optimum holding temperature 1-4 degrees Celsius. Unopened oysters will last up to 7 days if stored in hygienic conditions below 7 degrees Celsius and kept covered.
Seasonality of Oysters
Barilla Bay Oysters are readily available for most of the year, depending on the time they spawn. This is when they reproduce; Tasmanian Pacific oysters generally spawn in late summer.
Order fresh oysters and merchandise here
Order your oysters from Barilla Bay using the form below.
This form should only be used for airline deliveries.
If you wish to pickup orders from our retail store please email the shop directly email@example.com or phone 03 62 48 54 58
- There is a 4 dozen minimum order requirement between 20th Dec and 1st Jan
- Freight charges are calculated on the weight and destination of your order
- Oysters are packed loose and not in snack boxes as displayed in our retail store
- A staff member will be in contact with you via email or phone regarding a quote and process of payment.
- A $20 handling fee applies to orders being shipped by Airline/Mail only.
- Barilla Bay can only freight oysters within Australia.